REASONS WHY I LOVE BAD NEWS BLAIR (Gossip Girl, 1x04):
1. They were still so prejudiced about each other (They’ve come such a long way..)
2. She called him “Cabbage Patch”
3. The Dan and were Rufus discussing if Serena was worth all the trouble and the advice Rufus gave Dan about Serena can be used as a call-back on how Dan’s view of Blair would eventually change.
Rufus: “…girls like that might be challenging. That’s true. And they’re complicated and enigmatic. And usually worth it. The only way you’d know for sure is to jump in with both feet.”
4. Dan gave his “Blair Waldorf, who is basically everything I hate about the Upper East Side distilled into one 95-pound, doe-eyed, bonmot-tossing, label-whoring package of girly evil”
5. Dan started to realize that Blair wasn’t as bad as he initially thought
6. Blair started to realize that Dan wasn’t as bad as she initially thought
7. This is where my favorite Dan-Blair heart-to-heart convo happens:
“And so there I was just the other day, I was sitting across the table from her and I looked at her straight in the eye and I didn’t say anything."
“I dunno but I wish I had. Because even if it didn’t change anything she’d know how I felt..”
(Can you guys imagine if they do a call back on this speech in season 5 and Blair asks Dan why he didn’t say anything about how he felt? Because it would have made a difference in her choices had she known)
8. Dan’s advice to Blair helped her gain the courage to confront her mother
9. In a way that heart-to-heart in the corridor helped Blair let go of her anger towards Serena
10. They had their first laugh together